The Customs House was built in downtown Clarksville in 1898 and is now a local historic structure in the heart of downtown historic Clarksville. Over the years its area has been expanded to presently encompass over 35,000 square feet, making it the second largest general interest museum in Tennessee. It is now about a full city block of large gallery spaces filled with fine art, history, and science. It is also pending a current renovation commencing in February through early April to provide an even more improved environment for both visitors and artifacts. During this period some areas will regretfully be unavailable. Beyond its initial charter of conducting customs business, the expansion into an overall cultural center now offers space for a variety of purposes and events. An enjoyable family day can be had visiting art displays, viewing historic artifacts, or participating in hands-on exhibits. More information on the museum, to include current displays and offerings and a calendar showing all of this year’s presently scheduled activities, can be accessed at www.customshousemuseum.org.
Fort Campbell Army Relocation Specialist
When You’re Ready To Move, We’re Proud To Serve